Homeschooling Background and Basics
By Kathy Ceceri
What is Homeschooling?
Find out how modern homeschooling began and get answers to common questions.
- A Quick Overview
- Top 10 Positive Reasons Why We Homeschool
- FAQ: What Homeschooling Parents Want to Know
- Names to Know: Education Reformer John Holt
- Read Up: Books to Inspire Homeschoolers
How Does Homeschooling Work?
Homeschooling is an accepted educational option that has worked for many families. Here's help separating the myths from the reality.
- Homeschooling vs School: Where Students Learn Makes a Difference
- What Students Learn: Tailor the Curriculum to Each Child
- How Students Learn: Kids Benefit from Individualized Teaching
- Homeschooling Studies And Statistics (And Why You Shouldn't Trust Them)
- Don't Believe the Homeschool Critics
- More Homeschooling Myths Debunked
First, take a deep breath. The articles here will give you a few ideas that will help you ease into home education.
- 5 Quick-Start Tips
- Public School or Homeschool? Making the Decision
- Make Homeschooling Work for You
- Happier Homeschooling: 7 Ways to Set Goals That Fit Your Family
- Do I Need to Buy a Curriculum?
- Know Your Homeschool Laws
- Choosing a Support Group
- Homeschool Coop - Benefits of Joint Classes
- Can I Begin Homeschooling Mid-year?
It's helpful to keep records of your child's homeschooled years. Find a system that works for you -- it doesn't have to be elaborate or time-consuming.
- No-Stress Homeschool Record Keeping
- Everything Counts: Translating What You Do Into School Terms
- Start Building a Transcript for College