Background and Basics for Homeschoolers
By Kathy Ceceri, About.com Guide
What is Homeschooling?
Find out what makes homeschooling different from traditional classroom instruction.
- Homeschooling vs School: Where Students Learn Makes a Difference
- What Students Learn: Tailor the Curriculum to Each Child
- How Students Learn: Kids Benefit from Individualized Teaching
- Names to Know: Education Reformer John Holt
- Read Up: Books to Inspire Homeschoolers
- Top 10 Postive Reasons Why We Homeschool
First, take a deep breath. The articles here will give you a few ideas that will help you ease into home education.
- Make Homeschooling Work for You
- Happier Homeschooling: How to Set Goals That Fit Your Family
- 5 Easy Ways to Add Learning to Your Day
- Do I Need to Buy a Curriculum?
- Steps to Getting Started in Homeschooling
- Starting the Year off Right Series
- Know Your Homeschool Laws
- Choosing a Support Group
- Homeschool Coop - Benefits of Joint Classes
- Can I Begin Homeschooling Mid-year?
Learn about different homeschooling methods and find resources to meet your family and your budget.
It's helpful to keep records of your child's homeschooled years. Find a system that works for you -- it doesn't have to be elaborate or time-consuming.
- No-Stress Homeschool Record Keeping
- Everything Counts: Translating What You Do Into School Terms
- Start Building a Transcript for College
- How to Schedule a Homeschool Day