Homeschooling Background and Basics
By Kathy Ceceri
- Record Keeping and Regulations
- Life While Homeschooling
- Myths and Misconceptions
- From Homeschool to College
Start Homeschooling Today!
You can begin homeschooling anytime, anyplace. Here are some quick tips to get you started.
- Emergency Homeschooling
- Short-Term Homeschooling
- 5 Quick-Start Homeschooling Suggestions
- How to Ease the Transition from School to Homeschool
- Cheap (and Free!) Curriculum
What is Homeschooling?
Find out how modern homeschooling began and get answers to common questions.
- FAQ: What Homeschooling Parents Want to Know
- Homeschool Glossary
- Names to Know: Education Reformer John Holt
Making the Decision
What are the risks and benefits of homeschooling? How can you make it fit into your life? Learn how to evaluate your options and find out solutions to common problems.
- Public School or Homeschool?
- Do I Need to Buy a Curriculum?
- Happier Homeschooling: 7 Ways to Set Goals That Fit Your Family
- Make Homeschooling Work for You
- Homeschooling Methods, Explained
Why Does Homeschooling Work?
Homeschooling offers many advantages over traditional school models. Experts agree homeschooling's flexibility helps kids develop their creativity and critical thinking skills.
- Homeschooling vs School: Where Students Learn Makes a Difference
- What Students Learn: Tailor the Curriculum to Each Child
- How Students Learn: Kids Benefit from Individualized Teaching
- Books To Inspire Homeschoolers
- Hear Educators Talk About Real Learning
Record Keeping and Regulations
It's helpful to keep records of your child's homeschooled years. Find a system that works for you -- it doesn't have to be elaborate or time-consuming.
- What You Need to Know About Homeschooling Requirements
- Why Homeschoolers Shouldn't Panic Over Common Core
- How to Avoid Problems with Homeschool Regulations
- No-Stress Homeschool Record Keeping
- Everything Counts: Translating What You Do Into School Terms
- Standardized Testing and Homeschooling
- Do I Have to Give Grades?
Life While Homeschooling
Find out how homeschooling parents take care of their children's educational needs along with all the other things they do.
- How to Combine Work and Homeschool
- How To Solve Common Work-Family Problems
- 6 Ways to Save Money Homeschooling
- Cooking Tips for Homeschoolers
- Make Your Kids Boredom-Proof
- Housekeeping Versus Homeschooling
- Take Your Homeschooling Skills to the Job Market
- Learning on the Road
Myths and Misconceptions
Chances are you've heard some of these claims about homeschooling. Here's the story behind the cliches
- What Not to Say to a Homeschooler
- Mystery Meat, the Prom, and Other Traditions Homeschoolers Miss Out On
- Don't Believe the Homeschool Critics
- More Homeschooling Myths Debunked
- Homeschooling Studies And Statistics (And Why You Shouldn't Trust Them)
- What I Don't Like About Public (and Private) School
From Homeschool to College
Homeschooling is great preparation for the self-direction and independence college demands. Here's how to help your college-bound students take the next step in their education.
- Going From Homeschool to College
- Does Your Homeschool Grad Need a GED?
- Get Ready for College: 5 Steps Homeschooling Teens Can Take Now
- Don't Sweat the SAT
- Prepare a Narrative Homeschool Transcript