Teaching Techniques and Resources
By Kathy Ceceri, About.com Guide
- Different Ways to Teach
- Teaching Techniques
- Recommended Resources and Reviews
- Teaching Under Special Circumstances
Different Ways to Teach
Homeschooling doesn't have to be "school at home." Find out about the alternative educational opportunities available to homeschoolers.
You don't need a teaching degree to help your kids learn at home. Here's some "professional development" just for homeschooling parents.
- Books to Inspire Homeschooling Parents
- You Don't Have to Teach it All Yourself
- You Can Teach Your Child to Read!
- Help Kids Become Better Writers
- The Secret to Teaching Math? Make it Fun
- Social Studies Tips and Techniques
Recommended Resources and Reviews
Find out what resources homeschooling families use, from educational games to all-in-one curriculum choices.
- Alternative Learning Tools Kids Will Love
- The Well-Trained Mind, A Guide to Classical Homeschooling
- Social Studies Survey Books
- Exciting Science Reads for Tweens and Teens
- Math Textbooks With a Sense of Fun
- About.com Homeschooling Printable Worksheets
- Curriculum Publishers
- Used Curriculum
Teaching Under Special Circumstances
Homeschooling, like life, can sometimes be challenging. Find strategies to help you meet your kids' needs and your own, and ways to deal with unusual or stressful circumstances.
- Happier Homeschooling
- Make Homeschooling Work for You
- Preventing Homeschool Burnout
- Homeschooling Your Gifted Child