Teaching Techniques and Resources
By Kathy Ceceri
- Teaching Techniques
- Alternative Learning Resources
- Homeschooling Methods
- How-To and Advice
- Teaching Under Special Circumstances
You don't need a teaching degree to help your kids learn at home. Here's some "professional development" just for homeschooling parents.
- How to Be a Better Teacher
- Improve Learning With Hands-On Activities
- You Don't Have to Teach it All Yourself
- Relaxed Homeschooling
- 5 Tips for Homeschooling Multiple Ages
Alternative Learning Resources
Find out about the different educational opportunities available to homeschoolers.
- Do I Need to Buy a Curriculum?
- Learning Tools To Use Instead Of Textbooks
- 5 Easy Ways to Add Learning to Your Day
- Why Homeschoolers Love the Library
- How to Organize a Field Trip
- 6 Ways to Homeschool with Lego
- Educational Toys
- 7 Ways to Homeschool with Videos
- The Right Way to Teach With Videos
- Homeschooling at the Movies
Learn about different homeschooling methods and approaches.
- Homeschooling Methods, Explained
- Create a Homeschooling Philosophy Statement
- Unit Studies: Tie Subjects Together With a Theme
- An Eclectic Homeschooling Method
- What is Unschooling?
How-To and Advice
Find guides that will help you select the best homeschooling methods and resources for your family.
- Books to Inspire Homeschooling Parents
- Free Range Learning: How Homeschooling Changes Everything
- The Well-Trained Mind, A Guide to Classical Homeschooling
- Top 10 TED Talks for Educators
Teaching Under Special Circumstances
Homeschooling, like life, can sometimes be challenging. Find strategies to help you meet your kids' needs and your own, and ways to deal with unusual or stressful circumstances.
- Learning on the Road
- Happier Homeschooling
- How to Combine Work and Homeschool
- How to Homeschool Gifted Kids