|Teaching World History from a Christian Perspective|
What in the World's Going on Here? - Volume 1, by Diana Waring, is a 4-hour seminar on audio cassette. In an enthusiastic, storyteller's style, you will hear a Christian perspective on Creation, early man, rise of civilizations, the life of the Messiah, the early Church, famous conquerors, leaders and explorers, and influential events up through the French Revolution
Four 60 minute tapes in this series:
- Creation to the Destruction of Assyria - "Pride Goes Before Destruction."
- The Rise of Babylon to Jesus Christ - "Blessed is He Who Comes in the Name of the Lord."
- Destruction of Jerusalem to the Fall of Constantinople - "And the gates of hell shall not prevail."
- The Renaissance/Reformation to the French Revolution - "There is a way which seems right to a man, but the end is death."
What in the World's Going on Here? - Volume 2, Diana Waring explores the modern history through the Christian worldview, from Napoleon to Hitler. You'll encounter such notable men and women of faith as Hudson Taylor, George Mueller and Amy Carmichael, and see their impact on the Church and history.
- Napoleon to the American Civil War - Includes rise of nationalism, industrialism, and orphans fed by God's faithfulness.
- Queen Victoria to Teddy Roosevelt - Includes colonization, British Empire, and Missions movement.
- Turn of the Century to World War I - Includes the Welsh Revival of 1904, underlying causes of WWI, development of modern warfare, and Bolshevik Revolution.
- World War II and the Rebirth of Israel - Includes the Great Depression, fascism, the miracle of Dunkirk, the miracle of El Alamein, and fulfilled prophecy.
As if these audio cassettes weren't exiting enough, Diana now has accompanying Digging Deeper Study Guides and Activity Books.
The study guides are idea-packed guides with an abundance of lesson options providing a many learning opportunities for young and old. Topics include: History, Geography, Bible, Science, Literature, Art, Creative Writing, Crafts, Music, Drama/Poetry, Cooking, Celebrating Feasts of Israel, Architecture and Church History.
Ancient Civilizations & the Bible - Focusing on an approach based on learning styles, with an eye to Bloom's Taxonomy, and overflowing with an abundance of lesson options, this study guide will provide a multitude of unique learning opportunities for young and old. This guide covers the time frame from Creation to Jesus. (Accompanies What in the World's Going On Here, volume 1, tapes one and two)
Romans, Reformers, Revolutionaries - This study brings you the time period from the Resurrection of Christ to the French and American Revolutions. (Accompanies What in the World's Going On Here, volume 1, tapes three and four)
World Empires, World Missions, World Wars - This is to be used with Diana's What in the World's Going on Here -Volume Two. It covers the time from Napoleon to the Korean War.
The activity books are designed to be used in families with elementary age children, this book is a wonderful tool to help children learn on their level about God's faithfulness in history. The activity books follow the study guides chapter by chapter, so families with elementary-age children will find it very helpful and easy to use. They include pictures to color, Bible stories, maps and mazes, crafts, science experiments, recipes, crossword puzzles, word scrambles, coded messages, word searches, songs, games and much more!
Ancient Civilizations and the Bible Elementary Activity Book - This activity book covers the time frame from Creation to Jesus. (Accompanies What in the World's Going On Here, volume 1, tapes one and two)
Romans, Reformers, Revolutionaries Elementary Activity Book - This activity book covers the time period from the Resurrection of Christ to the French and American Revolutions. (Accompanies What in the World's Going On Here, volume 1, tapes three and four)
World Empires, World Missions, World Wars Elementary Activity Book - This activity book covers the time from Napoleon to the Korean War. (Accompanies What in the World's Going on Here - Volume Two)
I highly recommend Diana Waring's materials.