These state unit studies are designed to help children learn the geography of the United States and learn factual information about every state. These studies are great for children in the public and private education system as well as homeschooled children.
Print the United States Map and color each state as you study it. Keep map at the front of your notebook for use with each state.
Print the State Information Sheet and fill in the information as you find it.
Print the New York State Outline Map and fill in the state capital, large cities and state attractions that you find.
Answer the following questions on lined paper in complete sentences.
- State Capital What is the capital?
- Virtual Tour of the State Capitol
- State Flag What is Justice holding and what do they represent?
- Flag Quiz/Printout
- State Flower When was the state flower officially adopted?
- State Fruit When was the state fruit adopted?
- State Bird When do these birds return north?
- State Animal What is the state animal?
- State Fish Where are these fish found?
- State Insect How does this insect help gardeners?
- State Fossil What crab is this fossil related to?
- State Shell How do these scallops swim?
- State Tree When was the state tree adopted?
- State Gem What color is this gem?
- State Song Who wrote the state song?
- State Seal When was the current seal created?
- State Motto What is the state motto and what does it mean?
- State Muffin Make this state muffin and enjoy with the state beverage!
- State Beverage What is the state beverage?
New York Printable Pages - Learn more about New York with these printable worksheets and coloring pages.
New York State Symbols Quiz How much do your remember?
Fun in the Kitchen - The official muffin of New York State, the Apple Muffin, was created by elementary school children in North Syracuse, New York. Try their official recipe.
Presidents born in New York:
History - Learn about the history of New York.
Big Apple Factoids - A New York Matching Game - be sure to read the facts after you find the match!
New York Underground - New Yorkers go about unaware of what is happening just beneath their feet: Power pulses, information flies, and steam flows. Go on this virtual field trip underground!
Niagara: The Story of the Falls - Take a journey down the perilous Niagara River, play the daredevil trivia adventure, explore the timeline of falls firsts, and discover surprising stories in snapshots of the falls.
Statue of Liberty - Learn about the Statue of Liberty.
Empire State Building - Find fun facts, go on a photo tour, and play some games.
The Chrysler Building - Pictures of this New York City skyscraper.
Word Search - Find the hidden New York related words.
Coloring Book - Print and color these pictures of the New York state symbols.
Fun Facts - What is the states longest river? Read these fun New York facts and find out.
Capitol Minutes - Short audio presentation of historical and educational interest.
Buck Mountain - Take a virtual hike up Buck Mountain.
Crossword Puzzle - Can you solve the crossword puzzle?
Word Find - Find the hidden New York State Regions.
Word Scramble - Can you unscramble these New York State symbols?
Odd New York Law: It used to be illegal to ring the doorbell and disturb the occupant of a house.