Field Trip Location / Website
Lucedale, MS 39452
Approximate Cost / Hours
$12-$15 ages 3 and up. Under 3 free. $5 extra for pony rides.
Open Saturdays 10am - 9pm
Field Trip Description
Seward farms is a 3rd generation working farm and they have educational programs for groups. Their website explains more.
They have 2 fun playgrounds, petting farm, corn maze, jumping pillow, pig races, corn cannon, pony rides, cow train, hayrides (haunted after dark), and more.
Everyone we saw was having a great time.
We took 2 preschoolers, ages 4 and 2 1/2 to Seward Farms just across the Alabama state line in Lucedale, Mississippi.
We took advantage of all the activities with the exception of the corn cannons. We might wait a few years on those. Very loud!
They played on both playgrounds, pet and fed the farm animals, rode the cow train twice, went on a hayride, watched pig races, jumped on the jumping pillow several times, got lost in the corn maze, got buried in corn kernels, and picked wildflowers.
These city kids saw how corn and pumpkins grow. They learned that farmers treat their animals with love and respect. And, last but not least, they learned the true meaning of squealing like a pig, because when the farmer picks up a pig to bring around for petting, boy do they squeal! Now when either of them starts to throw a fit, we tell them they're squealing like a pig and it really defuses the situation.
We played all day until dark and they're still asking when we can go back!
Tips and Tricks
- Bring CASH ONLY! It's a long way to the nearest ATM.
- No food inside unless you rent a fire pit with the exception of groups.
- Don't forget the sun block, the kids aren't going to want to leave.
- There is a snack bar with BBQ, hot dogs, etc. Or they will stamp your hand to leave or eat at your car.
- They suggested the adults buy the $12 tickets since that includes 3 activities. But for our 4 yr old the $15 unlimited worked great.