We aim to create a vibrant home school community and to increase positive awareness about home education in the community at large by:
- Providing educational activities such as classes, cultural arts excursions, field trips, parent support meetings and our on-line forums.
- Providing social activities, including arts performances, visual arts presentations, seasonal parties, weekly park days and teen outings.
- Supporting families new to home education.
- Fostering a sense of community among those who are involved in home education or who are seeking education alternatives.
LEAD is a non-profit, inclusive, secular home school organization providing social and educational opportunities to home educated children of all ages and their families, in the metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia area.
Annual dues of $20 per family
Application Procedure and Requirements:
To become a member of LEAD, (and become subscribed to our Yahoo Group) complete a short membership form, sign a LEAD participation form (regarding safety and parent responsibility), our hold-harmless wavier and pay annual dues of $20 per family all are turned in to our Membership Coordinator. Completing this process is easy. Just follow this link: LEADhomeschool, which will direct you to our Yahoo Group.
- An official LEAD membership card.
- Homeschool support, monthly Mug `n Muffin meetings, personal interactions, and more.
- Invitations to LEAD-only events such as our holiday parties, annual
- "Not Back to School" party, member appreciation lunch.
- Subscription to LEADhomeschool, our online Yahoo! Group/email list
- Early registration for all LEAD classes offered throughout the year.
- Discounted room use fees for all classes offered throughout the year.
- LEAD field trips throughout the year at discounted, group rates.
- The opportunity to meet and make friends with other homeschoolers from around Atlanta and Decatur.
LEAD holds class & co-op days (Tuesday & Thursday) in Decatur, August-May. Monthly parent support meetings are held the fourth Tuesday evening of each month. In addition, other meetings taking place in LEAD include: committee meetings, Board meetings (quarterly) and parents night out (meet ups). See the calendar at our website for meeting times.
We welcome all families who are homeschooling or those considering home education. Thanks for your interest in LEAD. We look forward to meeting you!