- What is the name of the ship on which the Pilgrims sailed to the New World?
- When did the Pilgrims land in Provincetown Harbor?
- What is the name of the document that created the way for the Pilgrims to govern themselves?
- What is the name of the Indian tribe that befriended the Pilgrims?
- What does that name mean?
- Can you name any streets or places in your area which are named after Indians?
- Who helped the Pilgrims plant corn (maize), peas, and barley?
- What did the Pilgrims eat at the first Thanksgiving feast?
- Do we still eat those foods today?
- What do you eat at your Thanksgiving dinner?
- Squirrels gather nuts and acorns to store for food for long winters. Why did the Pilgrims store food in the fall of 1621?
- What do you think it would have been like to have been a Pilgrim?
Courtesy of William Francis Galvin,
Secretary of the Commonwealth
Citizen Information Service