These state unit studies are designed to help children learn the geography of the United States and learn factual information about every state. These studies are great for children in the public and private education system as well as homeschooled children.
Print the United States Map and color each state as you study it. Keep map at the front of your notebook for use with each state.
Print the State Information Sheet and fill in the information as you find it.
Print the Pennsylvania State Map and fill in the state capital, large cities and state attractions that you find.
Answer the following questions on lined paper in complete sentences.
- State Capital What is the capital?
- State Flag What does the blue represent?
- State Flower When are these flowers in full bloom?
- State Bird What is this bird sometimes called?
- State Fish Where is this fish found?
- State Animal What do these animals use their antlers for?
- State Dog What is the state dog?
- State Tree What did the early settlers use these trees for?
- State Insect What do these insects eat?
- State Song Who wrote the state song?
- State Seal What does the wheat symbolize?
- State Motto What is the state motto?
- Keystone What is a keystone and how does it relate to Pennsylvania?
- State Beverage What is the state beverage?
Pennsylvania Printable Pages - Learn more about Pennsylvania with these printable worksheets and coloring pages.
State Symbols Quiz How much do you remember?
Pennsylvania Wordsearch - Find the Pennsylvania State Symbols.
Fun in the Kitchen - Hershey, Pennsylvania - "The Sweetest Place on Earth!"
The State Symbol Challenge - See if you can meet the challenge.
Another Load Off the Road - Print the page and do the dot-to-dot picture.
Litter Can Hurt Animals - Another dot-to-dot picture to print.
Sky Writing - Find the secret message.
Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful - Find the words in the puzzle.
Printable Activity Book - Pennsylvania Legislature provides a printable activity book with wordsearches, mazes and more.
Pennsylvania's Agriculture Activity Book - Print the pages and have fun learning about Pennyslvania's agriculture.
Sturgis Pretzel House - In 1850, Julius Sturgis was baking bread at a gracious stone house in Lititz, Pennsylvania.
Virtual Tour of Historic Pennsylvania - Enjoy the virtual tour - from the Liberty Bell to the Man Full of Trouble Tavern.
Valley Forge Word-Search- The word list contains names of people who served at Valley Forge.
Leaves of Gold- In the Middle Ages, books were as rare as jewels and as precious as gold because they were made by hand. Activities: Slideshow Index Page; How Manuscripts Were Made; Manuscript Templates
Brandywine Battlefield: Kid's Corner- There are several fun activities for you to play.
Pennsylvania History - The Real Story - A synopsis of Pennsylvania history by and for the uninformed, with links to everything you need to know, not necessarily in chronological order.
Odd Pennsylvania Law: It was illegal to talk loudly at picnics.
- More State Studies
- Delaware History and Activity Books
- Hands-on Geography
- Hands-on Geography Activity Books
Introducing the email course 'Our 50 Great States'! From Delaware to Hawaii, learn about all 50 states in the order they were admitted to the Union. At the end of 25 weeks (2 states per week), you'll have a United States Notebook filled with information about each state; and, if you're up the the challenge, you will try recipes from all 50 states. Will you join me on the journey?