These state unit studies are designed to help children learn the geography of the United States and learn factual information about every state. These studies are great for children in the public and private education system as well as homeschooled children.
Print the United States Map and color each state as you study it. Keep map at the front of your notebook for use with each state.
Print the State Information Sheet and fill in the information as you find it.
Print the Ohio State Outline Map and fill in the state capital, large cities and state attractions that you find.
Answer the following questions on lined paper in complete sentences.
- State Capital What is the capital?
- State Flag How many stars are on the flag?
- State Flower Who was this flower chosen for and why?
- State Wildflower What is the state wildflower?
- State Bird What is this bird known for?
- State Tree What is the state tree?
- State Animal Where can this animal be found in Ohio?
- State Gemstone What was this gemstone used for?
- State Insect How is this insect helpful?
- State Beverage What is the state beverage?
- State Reptile Why was this reptile called the "farmer's friend"?
- State Song Who wrote the state song?
- State Seal What does the sheaf represent?
- State Motto What is the state motto?
Ohio Printable Pages - Learn more about Ohio with these printable worksheets and coloring pages.
Ohio State Symbols Quiz How much do you remember?
Ohio Word Search - Find the Ohio State Symbols.
Fun in the Kitchen - Pork cake? Sounds interesting...try this recipe for Ohio Pork Cake and see what you think.
Did You Know... List two interesting facts.
Presidents born in Ohio:
- Ulysses S. Grant
- Rutherford Birchard Hayes
- James Abram Garfield
- Benjamin Harrison
- William McKinley
- William Howard Taft
- Warren Gamaliel Harding
Word Search - Print out the word search and find the state related words.
Site Safari - Tour Ohio with the Ohio Historical Society.
Where in the World is Ohio? - Follow the directions on the screen to find out about Ohio's location in the world!
A Trek Through Time at Ohio Village - Are you ready to travel back in time? Got your walking shoes on? We're on our way through the Ohio Village in Columbus, Ohio. This is a great tour - don't miss it!
Fun Games - Play these games and learn how to prepare for natural disasters.
Dot-to-dot - Connect the dots to see one of Ohio's symbols.
"What is My Name??" Games:
Concentration & Matching Games:
- Famous Ohioans Knowledge Game
- Ohio Cities Nickname Game
- Statehood Drag & Drop Game
- Boats & Ships Drag & Drop Game
- Wars Drag & Drop Game
- Think Like A Historian Drag & Drop Game
- Emancipation Proclamation Crossword Puzzle Game
- Susan B. Anthony Crossword Puzzle Game
- Notable Ohioans Crossword Puzzle Game
- Ohio Symbols Crossword Puzzle Game
- Ohio Bicentennial Crossword Puzzle Game
- 1812 Jigsaw Puzzle Game
- Hopewell Jigsaw Puzzle Game
- Serpent Mound Jigsaw Puzzle Game
- Ohio Landforms Jigsaw Puzzle Game
"Mystery Phrase" Games:
Public Safety Games - Play these online safety games.
Make Your Plate Game - Make your own license plate.
Virtual Tours - Choose from many virtual tours at the Cincinnati Art Museum. - Create, compose and send a virtual postcard from the Cincinnati Art Museum across the street or around the world for birthdays, special occasions or just to say hello.
Bicycle Museum of America - Check out these antique bicycles.
Odd Ohio Law: It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
Introducing the email course 'Our 50 Great States'! From Delaware to Hawaii, learn about all 50 states in the order they were admitted to the Union. At the end of 25 weeks (2 states per week), you'll have a United States Notebook filled with information about each state; and, if you're up for the challenge, you will try recipes from all 50 states. Will you join me on the journey?
- Ohio History and Activity Books
- Hands-on Geography
- Hands-on Geography Activity Books
- More State Studies
Image by Graphic Maps.