These state unit studies are designed to help children learn the geography of the United States and learn factual information about every state.ÃÂÃÂ These studies are great for children in the public and private education system as well as homeschooled children.
Print the United States Map and color each state as you study it. Keep map at the front of your notebook for use with each state.
Print the State Information Sheet and fill in the information as you find it.
Print the Hawaii State Map and fill in the state capital, large cities and state attractions that you find.
Answer the following questions on lined paper in complete sentences.
- State Capital What is the capital?
Virtual Walking Tour
- State Flag What do the eight stripes of white, red, and blue represent?
- State Flower What is the state flower?
- State Bird What is the state bird and what does it like to eat?
A close up of the State Bird
- State Fish What is the Hawaiian name for this fish?
- State Marine Mammal What is Hawaii's state marine mammal?
- State Tree What is the Hawaiian name and the common name of this tree?
- State Song Who wrote the state song?
- State Seal What was the phoenix a symbol of?
Picture of state seal.
- Hawaii's Native Seal What does 'ilio-holo-i-ka-uaua mean?
- State Motto What is the state motto and what does it mean?
Hawaii Printable Pages - Learn more about Hawaii with these printable worksheets and coloring pages.
Hawaii State Symbols Quiz How much do you remember?
Fun in the Kitchen - The Hawaiian Luau often includes this Filipino dish. It's a favorite of mine.
Did You Know... List two interesting facts.
Hawaiian Glossary - Learn some Hawaiian terms!
Find Your Name in Hawaiian My name is Peweli (Beverly), what's yours?
Interactive Hawaiian Dictionary Want to know how to say something in Hawaiian?
Coloring Pages - Click on a picture to print and color!
Wiki-Wiki Scavenger Hunt - Can you find the answers to the questions? (print out and include in notebook)
Virtual Field Trips of Hawaii - Pick an island and choose where you want to go!
Crossword Puzzle - Do this Hawaii crossword puzzle.
Crossword Puzzle - Try your hand at this Marine Life Crossword Puzzle.
Ocean Diorama - Print and fold marine wildlife and assemble an Ocean Diorama.
Hawaii Quiz - How much do you know about Hawaii?
Odd Hawaii Law: It used to be illegal to insert pennies is one's ears.
Introducing the email course 'Our 50 Great States'! From Delaware to Hawaii, learn about all 50 states in the order they were admitted to the Union. At the end of 25 weeks (2 states per week), you'll have a United States Notebook filled with information about each state; and, if you're up for the challenge, you will try recipes from all 50 states. Will you join me on the journey?