Each homeschooling family is unique and will have to find the schedule that best suits their family. Here are some tips to help you in setting up a schedule for your school day.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Set a beginning and ending time.
- Schedule a lunch time and any other desired breaks.
- Plan the most demanding one-on-one time when younger siblings nap or are occupied.
- Coordinate individualized teaching with one child while the other children are working independently or reading.
- Schedule the 3 R's when the students are freshest.
- Schedule hands-on, more time-consuming projects in the afternoon.
- You can allot time for each individual subject or just generalize time slots; for example, academics in morning, projects after lunch.
- Be flexible.
- Be flexible, don't let the schedule control you. It is just a guideline to help you accomplish the daily tasks.
- You might have to try many different schedules to find the one that works best.